Eco-Challenge 4: Create a sustainable farm – Kepak
Target Area for Student Applications: UK wide
Time: 12:00 pm – 01:00 pm
Application Closing Date: 17/03/2023
Opportunity ID: PL-4193
During this one-hour lunch time eco-club your students will:
- Find out who Kepak and find out about a green career within the food and meat production sector
- Be challenged to design and plan the build of a sustainable, working farm- managing a budget, a plot of land and a cost list of sustainable agriculture initiatives.
- Find out what Kepak are doing to promote more sustainable farming practices.
- Talk to and question Kepak’s Group Environment Manager, Health Safety and Environment Manager, Early Career Manager, and department worker.
- Discuss if farming can be made sustainable and still make income.
This eco-session supports SDGs: 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 15 and Healthy Living and School Grounds Eco-Schools topic actions.
‘Create a sustainable farm’ is the second of six lunch time Eco-Club sessions with Kepak. Sign up to other challenges linked to low carbon food manufacturing, single use plastics, pollinators, carbon reduction and food waste. Make a real positive environmental impact and help your students gain the skills they need for future green careers. There is no planet B, the time to act is now!
To book a workshop for your students please use the booking form.