Eco-Challenge 6: Love your leftover lunch – Kepak
Target Area for Student Applications: UK wide
Time: 12:00 pm – 01:00 pm
Application Closing Date: 02/06/2023
Opportunity ID: PL- 4197
During this one-hour lunch time eco-club your students will:
- Find out who Kepak and find out about a green career within the food and meat production sector
- Be challenged to use up food waste at home to make a tasty meal that is good for the planet and prevents leftover food being sent to landfill.
- Be challenged to grow their own spring onion from a left over cutting!
- Find out what Kepak are also doing to reduce their own food waste on a much larger scale.
- Talk to and question Kepak’s Group Environment Manager, Health Safety and Environment Manager, Early Career Manager, and department worker.
- Discuss why we have so much food waste in the UK
This eco-session supports SDGs: 2, 3, 4, 12, 15, the Circular Economy and Waste Eco-Schools topic actions.
‘Love your leftover lunch’ is the last of six lunch time Eco-Club sessions with Kepak. Sign up to other challenges linked to low carbon food manufacturing, sustainable farming, single use plastics, pollinators and carbon reduction. Make a real positive environmental impact and help your students gain the skills they need for future green careers. There is no planet B, the time to act is now!
To book a workshop for your students please use the booking form.