Discover Accountancy – and learn about the most common myths
Application deadline: 26/03/2023
Dates: 29/03/2023 – 29/03/2023
Timings: 16:30 – 17:30
Think you know Accountancy? You’re in for surprise. Join the Early Careers team from ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) as they bust some of the most common myths associated with a career in Accountancy.
Find out more about how to become a Chartered Accountant after leaving school, discover the variety of roles and industries you can work in and learn what skills employers are really looking for.
In this one hour workshop you will find out more about:
• The common misconceptions about a career in accountancy
• The skills you need to be successful in the profession
• The variety of roles, opportunities and different sectors you can work in
• Which routes are available to you, from apprenticeships, to school leaver programmes as well as university options
• What your next steps are, including further skill development opportunities, where to apply and how to find out more!
When applying, answer the following questions
- Have you heard of ICAEW before? ( don’t worry if your answer is NO, as we are looking forward to meeting you!)
- What do you think is the most important skill you need to be able to work in Accounting and Finance?
More about what we do:
If you think chartered accountants spend their lives confined to their desks, then think again. They are sitting on the boards of multinational companies, testifying in court and advising governments, as well as supporting charities and businesses from every industry all over the world.
Founded in 1880, ICAEW (the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales) is one of the oldest accountancy bodies in the world and has more than 189,500 members and students in 147 countries.
ICAEW Chartered Accountants are the largest source of business advice in the UK, reaching more than 1.5m organisations. They undertake a large variety of work which can see them preparing financial statements and developing profit projections one day, and identifying strategic risks or advising on business improvements the next.
You can only become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant by completing the ACA qualification, which involves three years` on-the-job training, a series of rigorous examinations and continuing professional development.
This means that ICAEW Chartered Accountants are highly qualified individuals and in demand from all types of organisations, all over the world, and command an average annual salary of £51,000 in the first two years after qualifying.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain: