Focus on NHS caring careers: End of Life Care Nursing
Application deadline: 01/12/2022
Dates: 08/12/2022 – 08/12/2022
Do you have what it takes to make patients feel cared for even in their final moments?
Death is an inevitable part of life, but making sure our patients are treated to the highest standards of compassionate and professional healthcare right up until they pass is a job that not everyone is cut out for.
Nurses represent a critical part of the NHS workforce and there is a high demand for young people to join the profession across all the different fields of nursing, including End of Life nursing. In Honour of National Grief awareness week, we will be take a more in-depth look into Community Nursing. Join us for a special Virtual Insight Day where you can:
· Meet nurses already working in this field
· Hear more about this particular specialism
· Take part in live, interactive activities with NHS England
· Learn what key skills are needed in the workplace
· Find out how you can get started in a nursing career
If you’d like to make a real difference to our patients and their families, this could be the ideal role for you!
Please note: You will need to have internet and computer access with a quiet place to work from between 10am to 2.30pm to take part in this session.
When applying, answer the following questions:
- What skills do you think you need to be a nurse?
- Passion: What cause(s) are you passionate about? Please also explain why.
- What would you consider a “great day” at work?
More about what we do:
NHS England and NHS Improvement leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain: