Think like a hacker – cyber security work experience!
Age: Age 14-19
Industry: Computing & IT
Application deadline: 04/04/2023
Dates: 18/04/2023 – 19/04/2023
Timings: 10:00 – 15:00
Have you ever wondered how secure your computer really is? Or how hackers manage to break into banks and hold companies to ransom?
If you’ve ever had a curiosity for how things work, or wondered why we always hear in the news about cyber-attacks that have occurred, this is the event for you!
We’re delighted to invite students from across the UK aged 14-19 to sign up to our Cyber Security Virtual Work Experience to find out what it’s like to work as Cyber Security Engineer. This event will teach you the skills you need to start to become an ethical, white-hat hacker, someone who is allowed to legally hack into computers for good reasons, to prevent vulnerabilities and fix issues before they can be exploited.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of cyber security. To take part all you need is your own computer, an internet connection with access to Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser and a set of headphones.
Over the 2 days you’ll spend with us, you will get to experience a taste of:
· What cyber security is
· How hackers break into a system
· How to protect yourself, and your equipment from cyber attacks
· How a cyber security engineer protects and secures a system
· What tools and programs does a cyber security engineer use for hacking
· How to break into a system, and more importantly, how to fix it afterwards
· How computers communicate with each other, and the risks this creates
· Different career pathways into the Cyber Security industry
You’ll also get an opportunity to ask Kainos Cyber Security experts questions as part of a Cyber Security panel discussion.
No clue about Cyber Security? No problem! Our expert cyber security mentors will be there to help every step of the way. We will help to grow your skills, and teach you more about the world-changing projects we work on.
IT Skills are essential for the Jobs of the Future, so get a head start on your next steps and sign up today. We can’t wait to meet you!
When applying, answer the following questions
- Creative: What would you create if you were given £100,000 tomorrow?
More about what we do:
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
More like this
No post available