Transport yourself into the Civil Engineering World! (10am-1pm)
Application deadline: 04/11/2022
Dates: 18/11/2022 – 18/11/2022
This workshop will be of interest to students living in Belfast/Northern Ireland. However, students from other geographical areas with an interest in civil engineering are also welcome to apply.
The Belfast Transport Hub (BTH), now renamed Belfast Grand Central Station, is a multi-million pound public transport regeneration project and represents one of the largest single investments by the Department for Infrastructure in Northern Ireland.
GRAHAM, specialists in delivering award-winning construction & engineering projects across UK & Ireland, has been delivering first stage site preparation works since 2020, ensuring that the site is ready for the main-phase build.
This interactive VWEX workshop will offer students the unique opportunity to engage with our Busway Bridge & Ramps civil engineering team to:
• Take a guided virtual tour of the essential civil engineering works being delivered
• Interact with site team Senior Management and Engineers about their roles, and the realities of their work on this project.
• Receive guidance on the different pathways and routes into employment with GRAHAM with our Emerging Talent Advisors
• Enhance CV and interview skills through learning first-hand what industry professionals look for in potential candidates with our Social Impact Business Partners.
When applying, answer the following questions
- What do you already know about our organisation?
- Which of your skills would you like to improve?
- Passion: What cause(s) are you passionate about? Please also explain why.
More about what we do:
GRAHAM is a privately-owned company that specialises in the delivery of award-winning construction, civil engineering, interior fit-out, facilities management and investment projects. A truly national business, with an annual turnover of £853.3m (2020), it operates from a network of 23 regional offices throughout the UK and Ireland, and employs over 2,200 staff. Proudly “delivering lasting impact” since 1778, it is currently completing over 100 live projects across a range of key sectors including education, healthcare, commercial, retail, highways and rail. Looking ahead, GRAHAM has a record order book and a healthy £1.8bn pipeline of opportunity. The foundation of this success is its exemplar people development strategy, framed within a culture of Fairness, Inclusion & Respect. It was the first contractor in the UK to achieve Investors in People (IIP) Platinum and IIP Wellbeing accreditations and continues to invest in a range industry-leading training, wellbeing and mental health programmes. As a responsible, sustainable contractor, GRAHAM has also aligned its CSR strategy to the UN Sustainable Development Goals to help achieve its ambitious social value and environmental targets.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain: