Working at the heart of healthcare: Make a difference with NHS careers in pharmacy!
Application deadline: 24/02/2023
Dates: 17/03/2023 – 17/03/2023
Timings: 11:00 – 15:00
Do you like trying to solve problems?
Do you enjoy connecting with people and making a difference to their lives?
Do you fancy a career with variety and lots of long-term professional possibilities?
If you answer yes to any of those, then pharmacy could be a great career choice for you.
This Insight day from NHS Cornwall will explore different career options and pathways in pharmacy, hearing from those in the job to tell us what a ‘day in the life’ is like, and the greatest challenges and rewards of their work.
With a lunchbreak in-between, we’ll spend some time learning more about different:
- ROUTES: Whether you want to go to university, or head or straight into working life on an apprenticeship, pharmacy offers career routes to suit all types of academic or on-the-job learning styles.
- ROLES: From pharmacy assistants and technicians working in the heart of local communities and hospitals, to qualified pharmacists assessing and advising patients on managing a range of health conditions, there are roles to suit all.
- SKILLS and VALUES: We’ll even practice some which you’ll need to show-off your individual strengths for a successful NHS career.
Watch the NHS Health Careers YouTube video here to get a feel for the great diversity of opportunity and enjoyment in pharmacy careers before you join us!
When applying, answer the following questions
- What makes you interested in pharmacy careers?
- If you could create a medicine that solves ANY health problem (however big or small) in modern society, what would it be and why?
More about what we do:
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain: