Gatwick Airport – Airport Security Careers
Target Area for Student Applications: South East
Time: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Application Closing Date: 23/02/2023
Opportunity ID: PL-4611
Gatwick Airport offers a world of opportunity and working at the airport can easily evolve into a lifelong career. Security is a vital role which comes with its own unique set of challenges and rewards. Security professionals at Gatwick look after the safety and wellbeing of our passengers and staff, but there’s more to it than that!
This Discovery Workshop is a brilliant opportunity for your students to learn more about Gatwick Airport, one of the busiest single runways in the world and the role of an Airport Security Officer. They will be able to see what the day-to-day screening of passengers, staff and baggage looks like and how security staff fulfil the legal requirements set for the airport.
The Discovery Workshop will include:
- A virtual workplace tour.
- Airport Security Officers talking about their role, day-to-day challenges and what it’s like to work at a busy international airport.
- A presentation about the security process and X-ray screening.
- Advice and guidance on experience, skills and qualifications required for the role.
- A Q&A session with an opportunity to ask Airport Security Officers about the duties and challenges of the role and why they enjoy it!
Please note, this opportunity is only available to schools, colleges and independent training providers in Sussex, Kent and Surrey.
To book a workshop for your students please use the booking form.