Please find our guides for all participants below, with key planning steps, timings for the event, talk themes and top tips from past speakers and schools for a successful, high-impact event. Talk details are agreed between the speaker and the school but please do not hesitate to contact our team for more suggestions, guidance and help.
- How it works (Speaker) An overview on how we work with you and what to expect as a speaker.
- Slides to include (optional) An overview of our other programmes and how young people can engage with Speakers for Schools
- Guide for speaking to SEN/ASN students A guide for speakers who would like to speak to students with Special Educational Needs/ Additional Support Needs.
In Person Talk
- Planning Your Talk (Format and Themes) A guide to build a student-friendly talk and top tips on what helps speakers leave an impact.
In Person Talk
- Schools: Preparation Guide Information on the format, preparing students and themes to discuss with your speaker.
- Q&A Prep Sheet for Students This is to help students prepare for an interactive Q&A with the speaker, either in class or as homework.
- On the Day Hosting Guide This gives a checklist and some helpful guidance on how to make the most of your talk on the day.
- Student Feedback Form Please download and print copies of this short form to hand out to students before they leave the event space. Scan and send to: email@example.com
- SFS logo (Zip) For projector or event materials. Click the link, then right click and select ‘Save Image As’.
- Schools Guide: Virtual talks Information on the format, preparing students and themes to discuss with your speaker
- Technical Guide for Virtual Talks Information on how to use a range of video calling platforms.
- On the day hosting This gives a checklist and some helpful guidance on how to make the most of your talk on the day.