Airport Tech – Virtual Work Experience with Gatwick Airport!
Application deadline: 31/10/2022
Dates: 18/11/2022 – 18/11/2022
Gatwick Airport offers a world of opportunity and working at the airport can easily evolve into a lifelong career.
Please note, this opportunity is for students in the following areas only: Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
In this Virtual Insight Day we’ll explore aspects of Airport Tech and the wide range of roles available Engineering, Innovation and IT.
It takes a lot of tech to keep our 24/7 operations running smoothly, such as:
· Accurate flight Information Display screens to get passengers to the correct gate on time.
· Ensuring that the inter-terminal shuttle is maintained to safely transport passengers between terminals.
· Baggage control systems operating smoothly to get luggage to the correct aircraft prior to departure.
There is also an Innovation team dedicated to exploring new tech, such as using AI to screen cabin bags, which could revolutionize the way we work and how passengers travel through the airport!
What you will gain:
· Opportunity to find out about the diverse technologies in development or in use at the airport and the wide range of tech-related roles at the airport across Engineering, Innovation and IT.
· Opportunity to speak with current Gatwick employees from Engineering, Innovation and IT teams.
· Take part in interactive tech-related activities.
· Gain an understanding of the career paths available and qualifications and skills required to succeed in these roles.
· Build employability skills such as good communication, listening skills and team working
· Opportunity for inclusion on your CV
When applying, answer the following questions
- Passion: What cause(s) are you passionate about? Please also explain why.
- Creative: What would you create if you were given £100,000 tomorrow?
More about what we do:
Gatwick is the UK’s second largest airport and flies a range of both short and long-haul point-to-point services. The airport is a vital piece of the UK’s national infrastructure and is also a major driver for both the regional and national economies. In 2019, a new long-term partnership was formed with VINCI Airports who purchased a 50.01% stake in the airport. This partnership saw Gatwick Airport integrate into the network of VINCI Airports, the leading private airport operator in the world, which manages the development and operation of 45 airports located in Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, France, Japan, Portugal, Serbia, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States. Served by more than 250 airlines, VINCI Airports` network handled 255 million passengers in 2019. Through its expertise as a comprehensive integrator, VINCI Airports develops, finances, builds and operates airports, leveraging its investment capability and know-how to optimise the management and performance of airports and carry out extensions and upgrades. In 2019, its annual revenue for managed activities amounted to €4.9 billion, for a consolidated revenue of €2.6 billion. Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), which manages the remaining 49.99% interest in Gatwick, is an independent infrastructure investor that makes equity investments in high quality infrastructure assets in the energy, transport and water/waste sectors. GIP has US$68 billion of Assets under Management. Its 41 portfolio companies operate in over 51 countries with more than 67,000 employees and generate annual revenues of circa US$51 billion. For more information on VINCI Airports please visit www.vinci-airports.com and for more information on GIP please visit http://global-infra.com
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain: