Disability Awareness and Employability Skills
Application deadline: 16/02/2023
Dates: 23/02/2023 – 23/02/2023
Timings: 12:00:00 – 15:00:00
Calling all YEAR 10-13 students….
Did you know that Tesco is a Disability Confident Employer and has a dedicated disability network to support colleagues throughout their career at Tesco?
At Tesco, we welcome diversity, individuality, and uniqueness. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we’re committed to helping them be at their best and building an inclusive workplace.
We welcome all students to this virtual insight day – no prior experience is required to take part.
This 3-hour session will be delivered online and is interactive. You will be asked to participate throughout.
We will help you to understand how Tesco works and how anyone with a disability can progress at Tesco. We will share with you some career stories, why colleagues have joined and how they have developed their careers. We will break off into smaller groups to work through a real-life scenario and ask you to present back your findings as a group.
So why not come along?
Workshop highlights include:
· Understanding Tesco as a business
· Top tips on Presenting yourself with confidence
· Taking part in an interactive scenario involving problem solving and teamwork skills.
· Planning and presenting solutions
· Exploring career pathways
· Students who have not previously had work experience, do not have access to other opportunities (such as via parents) and qualify for FSM or Pupil Premium are especially encouraged to apply
· Students will need to be able to access the online classroom (details to follow) from 12:00pm – 15:00pm. (breaks will be included)
· Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation, and industry.
When applying, answer the following questions
- 1. What do you hope to gain from this virtual insight day?
- 2. Do you have any ideas on how supermarkets can serve customers with disabilities in the future?
More about what we do:
Serving shoppers a little better every day Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn`t changed. Customers want great products at great value, which they can buy easily, and it`s our job to deliver this in the right way for them. That’s why `Serving shoppers a little better every day` is our core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do – from colleagues in our stores to those of us in supporting roles. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it`s our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
More like this
No post available