Welcome to the wonderful world of scientific research! (10am-12.30pm)
Application deadline: 09/03/2023
Dates: 23/03/2023 – 23/03/2023
Timings: 10:00 – 12:30
Find out more about a career in science and research at Queen’s University Belfast at our inspiring insight session!
It will be led by a team of researchers and clinicians from a range of professional backgrounds who work in the Centre for Public Health and the Welcome Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine at the university. You will hear what it’s like to work in different areas of science and research including Experimental Medicine, Ophthalmology, Urban Environments and Global Health. There will be interactive activities and the team will discuss their roles and career experiences, whilst giving you lots of opportunities to ask plenty of questions.
Skills/experiences you will gain:
· An insight into the huge range of careers in medical and scientific research
· Develop your awareness of working in scientific research on both a local and global scale
· Enhance your knowledge of how research is linked to scientific breakthroughs and innovative therapeutics for disease management, human behaviour, the built environment, social circumstances, and government policy
· Practical experience on interpreting images of the eye using different imaging modalities
Great for students who are:
· Willing to continually learn throughout their working lives and beyond
· Able to apply their creative and critical thinking skills to research issues
· Able to appreciate equality and diversity
· Wanting to explore different jobs and pathways to your career
When applying, answer the following questions
- What attracted you to apply for this opportunity?
- What do you already know about our organisation?
- Why would you like to explore a career in medical and scientific research?
More about what we do:
The Centre for Public (CPH) Health is committed to identifying the epidemiological and genetic risk factors that are important for the health of the individual and of the population and to develop screening and interventions to reduce the burden of chronic diseases in the future.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain: