At SFS we recognise that more is needed to be done to provide mind-opening opportunities to young people in communities which struggle to access many of the UK’s eminent professionals and leading employers. In light of the challenges presented by Covid-19, we believe it has never been more important to commit to engaging with young people and supporting them in their future ambitions, in a virtual way, and decided to bring forward the launch of our VTalks programme.
During the Covid-19 lockdown in the UK, Speakers for Schools provided students studying at home with a timetable of curated content that was live streamed to young people via their computer, tablet or mobile via Microsoft Teams – no logins required! Students could engage with the speaker via a Q&A function that is moderated by a member of the SFS Inspiration Team. You can find a library of our virtual webinar talks here.
In the academic year, 2020-21 the Speakers for Schools Inspiration Team will host virtual webinar talks a few times throughout the year, do look out below for updates!
Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Get Students to Sign Up?
- Speakers for Schools will email our schools network a week ahead with our timetable of talks for students to attend. We will recommend which year group or key stage each talk is for and a brief description. SFS will provide a link so that students can join the live event at the specified time.
- Using whichever method to assign work/promote opportunities to students, distribute the link for students along with our brief guide on how to login etc.
- Along with the attendee link, ask students to research the speaker and think of questions for the Q&A part of the talk. SFS will provide a short bio of the speaker for each talk.
- SFS will also provide activity sheets for students so that you can track and manage who has attended the talk.
- We would recommend that students set up for the talk 5 minutes before the start time.
- Internet Explorer should not be used to attend VTalks.