At SFS we recognised that more needed to be done to provide mind-opening opportunities to young people in communities which struggle to access many of the UK’s eminent professionals and leading employers. In light of the challenges presented by Covid-19, we believe it has never been more important to commit to engaging with young people and supporting them in their future ambitions, in a virtual way, and decided to bring forward the launch of our VTalks programme.
Our VTalks programme consists of a timetable of curated content that will be live streamed to young people studying at home and those still attending school. For the remainder of this academic year, SFS will curate 2 talks per day that young people can access and engage with speakers by asking questions – talks will take place at 10.00 and 14.00, Monday to Friday.
Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Get Students to Sign Up?
- Speakers for Schools will email our schools network a week ahead with our timetable of talks for students to attend. We will recommend which year group or key stage each talk is for and a brief description. SFS will provide a link so that students can join the live event at the specified time.
- Using whichever method to assign work/promote opportunities to students, distribute the link for students along with our brief guide on how to login etc.
- Along with the attendee link, ask students to research the speaker and think of questions for the Q&A part of the talk. SFS will provide a short bio of the speaker for each talk.
- SFS will also provide activity sheets for students so that you can track and manage who has attended the talk.
- We would recommend that students set up for the talk 5 minutes before the start time.
- Internet Explorer should not be used to attend VTalks.